Corporate Finance Skills Training
from the firm that has taught 8,400 new hires since 2016
The Analyst program rapidly develops a wide range of skills fundamental for numerous finance roles. Each day is dedicated to one of 3 key topics: accounting, modeling and valuation. Participants build a comprehensive understanding of the principles and gain practical experience, establishing an outstanding foundation in each topic and flexibility for future career development.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how to account for various classes of assets,liabilities, long-term investments and debt & equity issues
- Build a range of models from three statement with iterative circular references and cash sweep mechanisms, to trading comparables
- Utilize effective keyboard shortcuts that save time and reduce errors when building models
- Construct a set of trading comparables and a discounted cash-flow valuation for a company
- Day 1
- Financial Accounting Review, Income Statement & Earnings Analysis and Working Capital
- Day 2
- Non-current Assets, Company Capital Structure & Financing, Cash Flow Statements and Introduction to Equity Method Investments
- Day 3
- Excel Basics, Introduction to Modeling and Three Statement Models with Iterations
- Day 4
- Equity to Enterprise Value Bridge, Trading Comparable Valuation & Modeling
- Day 5
- Discounted Cash Flow Valuation and Applied WACC Analysis
- Courses take place from 9-5 with an hour break for lunch.
Training that works for you, no surprises
Is it right for me?
Our classroom courses offer distinct learning opportunities. Have your questions answered immediately by our expert instructors. Utilizing years of industry and teaching experience, they will make the learning applicable and vibrant. Propose specific challenges and reference the unique solutions* online for 365 days after the course, along with the standard learning materials.
*Depending on class size
What do I need to bring?
A laptop is essential, preferably running Microsoft Windows. A PDF reader and Excel 2003+ are required to open the supporting resources. We are happy for you to use alternatives but please be aware we cannot support these configurations. The venue will have WiFi and refreshments will be provided.
How can I prepare?
We always want participants to get the most from their courses. Participants do not require any prior accounting or financial modeling knowledge, but should be familiar with Microsoft Excel.
Convenient, comfortable and productive learning environments
London | The News Building
Located next to The Shard in central London. The News Building offers ultra-modern spaces and superb amenities.
- 3 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9SG
- London Bridge Tube Station Jubilee Northern
Certify Your Skills
Work towards new professional qualifications
Attaining the IBP credential is an impressive achievement signaling proficiency to employers over a comprehensive investment banking body of knowledge.
“The IBP levels the playing field for aspiring bankers by providing hiring managers with a highly reliable, widely-accepted standard against which to measure the desirability of new applicants. To this end, the IBP is a massive step forward in the goal of having a true meritocracy in the investment banking hiring process for students around the world.”
Dr. Ben Sopranzetti, Professor of Finance at Rutgers Business School
This course is endorsed by the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment. Endorsed CPD activities are those that have been reviewed and judged to be of high quality and relevance to CISI members. All Endorsed CPD Activities have clear learning outcomes, appropriate materials and suitably qualified presenters and tutors.
The following criteria have been assessed by CISI to ensure learning excellence: relevance, learning outcomes, content, delivery, learning materials, personnel and administration.
Our previous participants' thoughts
“An extremely qualified and professional instructor. He went over and above what was expected and truly gave his best to transfer his knowledge.”
Graduate now employed by global bank
“I’ve found this course hugely insightful, promoting best practice and gaining skills that I will be carrying forward into my line of work and through to the team.”
London Accountancy Firm Analyst
Reserve your place today
We try to accommodate all requests, but please be aware places are secured on a first come first serve basis. Read our full terms and conditions for more.
No suitable dates?
We maintain 6 months of dates on our website throughout the year. If you want to be first to know when new dates are uploaded please enter your email below.