Corporate Finance Skills Training
from the firm teaching at 4 of the top 5 investment banks on Wall Street
The intensive 4-day Analyst program rapidly develops modeling skills for valuation and transaction structuring with a focus on practical application. Participants build a comprehensive understanding of the principles and gain practical experience, establishing an outstanding foundation in each topic and flexibility for future career development. As part of the program, participants will receive access to Investment Banker in a Box and a copy of our core publication pack.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how to assess a company’s value for both IPOs and M&A transactions
- Build a range of models from three statement with iterative circular references and cash sweep mechanisms, to LBO and M&A models
- Utilize effective keyboard shortcuts that save time and reduce errors when building models
- Understand the links between valuation methodologies and assess potential transactions in an efficient way
- Day 1
- Equity to Enterprise Value Bridge, Trading and Transaction Comparable Valuation & Modeling – Participants will value a company based on multiple analysis
- Day 2
- Three Statement Models with Iterations, Discounted Cash Flow Analysis incl WACC – Participants will build a fully integrated operating model with DCF and WACC analysis
- Day 3
- M&A Accounting and M&A Modeling – Participants will assess the impact of an M&A deal on the acquirer’s financials including closing mechanisms
- Day 4
- Debt capacity and LBO Modeling – Participants will assess different financing structures in an LBO transaction and assess overall corporate debt capacity
- Courses take place from 9-5 with an hour break for lunch.
More Than a Classroom
Receive everything below with your booking
The Accountant Online
Before your course even begins you will receive access to The Accountant Online*. Maximize your time with our instructors by learning the fundamentals first. Access 114 bite-sized videos, 82 practical exercises and test yourself against 7 tryouts.
IB in a Box
After your classroom training you can access all of the online courses from Investment Banker in a Box for a whole year! In addition to The Accountant you will unlock The Modeler, Valuer and Deal Maker. With over 15 hours of instructor-led content, you can continue to develop your skills or refresh them months later.
*Access is granted 3 weeks prior to course start date. If you have accessed The Accountant Online and can no longer attend your course its retail price will be deducted from any refund due, in accordance with our open course cancellation policy.
Training that works for you, no surprises
Is it right for me?
Our classroom courses offer distinct learning opportunities. Have your questions answered immediately by our expert instructors. Utilizing years of industry and teaching experience, they will make the learning applicable and vibrant. Propose specific challenges and reference the unique solutions* online for 365 days after the course, along with the standard learning materials.
*Depending on class size
What do I need to bring?
A laptop is essential, preferably running Microsoft Windows. A PDF reader and Excel 2003+ are required to open the supporting resources. We are happy for you to use alternatives but please be aware we cannot support these configurations. The venue will have WiFi and refreshments will be provided.
How can I prepare?
We always want participants to get the most from their courses. Participants do not require any prior accounting or financial modeling knowledge, but should be familiar with Microsoft Excel.
Convenient, comfortable and productive learning environments
London | The News Building
Located next to The Shard in central London. The News Building offers ultra-modern spaces and superb amenities.
- 3 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9SG
- London Bridge Tube Station Jubilee Northern
Our previous participants' thoughts
“An extremely qualified and professional instructor. He went over and above what was expected and truly gave his best to transfer his knowledge.”
Graduate now employed by global bank
“I’ve found this course hugely insightful, promoting best practice and gaining skills that I will be carrying forward into my line of work and through to the team.”
London Accountancy Firm Analyst
Reserve your place today
We try to accommodate all requests, but please be aware places are secured on a first come first serve basis. Read our full terms and conditions for more.
No dates scheduled?
If we don’t currently have any dates scheduled you can contact us with your requirements, or register your interest using the form below and we will let you know when new dates are added.