Financial Modeling Skills Training
from the firm that has taught 8,400 new hires since 2016
Knowing how to build models quickly and error-free is critical for the decisions and recommendations that they underpin. The Modeler rapidly develops essential modeling skills. Learn multiple techniques for a comprehensive and practical understanding. Take your Microsoft Excel skills to the next level with the advanced days.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how to integrate and model the three major financial statements using real accounts
- Build a detailed debt schedule & cash sweep mechanism
- Discover how to resolve complex modeling issues and debug common errors
- Build a financial statement forecast using information from an annual report, including templates and input cleaning
- Dramatically improve modeling efficiency and accuracy by exploring a range of advanced Excel functions including the programming capabilities via VBA and Macros
- Day 1
- Introduction to Modeling and Three Statement Modeling
- Day 2
- Financial Forecasting, Cash Sweep Repayments and Error Checking
- Day 3
- Financial Forecasting and Scenario Building
- Day 4
- Advanced Excel Modeling
- Day 5
- Excel, VBA and Macros
- Courses take place from 9-5 with an hour break for lunch.
Training that works for you, no surprises
Is it right for me?
Our classroom courses offer distinct learning opportunities. Have your questions answered immediately by our expert instructors. Utilizing years of industry and teaching experience, they will make the learning applicable and vibrant. Propose specific challenges and reference the unique solutions* online for 365 days after the course, along with the standard learning materials.
*Depending on class size
What do I need to bring?
A laptop is essential, preferably running Microsoft Windows. A PDF reader and Excel 2003+ are required to open the supporting resources. We are happy for you to use alternatives but please be aware we cannot support these configurations. The venue will have WiFi and refreshments will be provided.
How can I prepare?
We always want participants to get the most from their training. Participants of this course should be familiar with Microsoft Excel and understand the fundamentals of financial statement accounting as taught on The Analyst open course.
Convenient, comfortable and productive learning environments
London | The News Building
Located next to The Shard in central London. The News Building offers ultra-modern spaces and superb amenities.
- 3 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9SG
- London Bridge Tube Station Jubilee Northern
Certify Your Skills
Work towards new professional qualifications
Attaining the IBP credential is an impressive achievement signaling proficiency to employers over a comprehensive investment banking body of knowledge.
“The IBP levels the playing field for aspiring bankers by providing hiring managers with a highly reliable, widely-accepted standard against which to measure the desirability of new applicants. To this end, the IBP is a massive step forward in the goal of having a true meritocracy in the investment banking hiring process for students around the world.”
Dr. Ben Sopranzetti, Professor of Finance at Rutgers Business School
Our previous participants' thoughts
“An extremely qualified and professional instructor. He went over and above what was expected and truly gave his best to transfer his knowledge.”
Graduate now employed by global bank
“I’ve found this course hugely insightful, promoting best practice and gaining skills that I will be carrying forward into my line of work and through to the team.”
London Accountancy Firm Analyst
Reserve your place today
We try to accommodate all requests, but please be aware places are secured on a first come first serve basis. Read our full terms and conditions for more.
No dates scheduled?
If we don’t currently have any dates scheduled you can contact us with your requirements, or register your interest using the form below and we will let you know when new dates are added.