Financial Modeling Skills Training
from the firm teaching at 4 of the top 5 investment banks on Wall Street
Financial modeling is one of the most ubiquitous skills in the world of finance! Learn how to build models quickly and error-free, critical for the decisions and recommendations that they underpin. Employ multiple techniques and develop your essential modeling skills to facilitate best practice. Take your Microsoft Excel skills to the next level with the advanced days.
Key Learning Objectives
- Learn how to integrate and model the three major financial statements using real accounts
- Build a detailed debt schedule & cash sweep mechanism
- Discover how to resolve complex modeling issues and debug common errors
- Build a financial statement forecast from scratch, using information from an annual report, including templates, input cleaning and error checking
- Dramatically improve modeling efficiency and accuracy by exploring a range of Excel functions including the programming capabilities via VBA and Macros
- Day 1
- Introduction to Modeling and Three Statement Modeling – Build a full three statement model with an iterative circular reference
- Day 2
- Financial Forecasting, Cash Sweep Repayments and Error Checking – Learn how to introduce consensus/management forecasts, a debt schedule and a cash sweep as part of the three statement model
- Day 3
- Financial Forecasting and Scenario Building – Build a financial statement forecast for a company from scratch
- Day 4
- Advanced Excel Modeling – Explore the practical usage of advanced Excel functions in a financial model
- Day 5
- Excel, VBA and Macros – Learn how to make the most of programming possibilities in Excel
- Courses take place from 9-5 with an hour break for lunch.
More Than a Classroom
Receive everything below with your booking
The Accountant Online
Before your course even begins you will receive access to The Accountant Online*. The Modeler builds on accounting foundations, maximize your time with our instructors by learning the fundamentals first. Access 114 bite-sized videos, 82 practical exercises and test yourself against 7 tryouts.
The Investment Banker
After your classroom training you can access all of the online courses from The Investment Banker for a whole year! In addition to The Accountant you will unlock The Modeler, Valuer and Deal Maker. With over 15 hours of instructor-led content, you can continue to develop your skills or refresh them months later.
*Access is granted 3 weeks prior to course start date. If you have accessed The Accountant Online and can no longer attend your course its retail price will be deducted from any refund due, in accordance with our open course cancellation policy.
Training that works for you, no surprises
Is it right for me?
Our classroom courses offer distinct learning opportunities. Have your questions answered immediately by our expert instructors. Utilizing years of industry and teaching experience, they will make the learning applicable and vibrant. Propose specific challenges and reference the unique solutions* online for 365 days after the course, along with the standard learning materials.
*Depending on class size
What do I need to bring?
A laptop is essential, preferably running Microsoft Windows. A PDF reader and Excel 2003+ are required to open the supporting resources. We are happy for you to use alternatives but please be aware we cannot support these configurations. The venue will have WiFi and refreshments will be provided.
How can I prepare?
We always want participants to get the most from their training. Participants of this course should be familiar with Microsoft Excel and understand the fundamentals of financial statement accounting as taught via The Accountant Online, included with this course as recommended pre-class learning.
Convenient, comfortable and productive learning environments
Prospero House | London Bridge
Located in central London, Prospero House offers ultra-modern spaces and superb amenities. We take great care to ensure the training venue provides excellent comfort and convenience for our participants. We’ve even included a continental breakfast to help fuel your learning!
- 241 Borough High St, London SE1 1GA
- 3 minute walk from Borough tube station Northern
- 9 minute walk from London Bridge tube station Jubilee Northern
Previous participants' thoughts from our open courses
“An extremely qualified and professional instructor. He went over and above what was expected and truly gave his best to transfer his knowledge.”
Graduate now employed by global bank – The Analyst
“I’ve found this course hugely insightful, promoting best practice and gaining skills that I will be carrying forward into my line of work and through to the team.”
London Accountancy Firm Analyst – The Analyst
Reserve your place today
We try to accommodate all requests, but please be aware places are secured on a first come first serve basis. Read our full terms and conditions for more.
No dates scheduled?
If we don’t currently have any dates scheduled you can contact us with your requirements, or register your interest using the form below and we will let you know when new dates are added.