Python Programming Skills Training
from the firm teaching at the top 4 investment banks on Wall Street
This 2-day classroom course rapidly develops Python programming skills used for financial calculations and financial data analysis, with a focus on practical application. Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental programming concepts, as well as extensive experience of the core data analysis libraries used in Python. Suitable for financial analysts, investors, business analysts, data analysts, data scientists, and finance students. This course is the perfect introduction to Python with no prior programming experience required.
Key Learning Objectives
- Use and navigate within Python by importing data and creating desired formats
- Understand the Python syntax, variables, functions, loops and the knowledge to apply these methods to financial data
- Select the appropriate data required for analysis and reporting
- Visualize the data required within business reports to present to stakeholders
- Day 1
- Python Fundamentals Setup, interface, basics, loops, functions and statements
- Day 2
- A Practical Introduction to Python Data structures, importing data, data cleaning, data manipulation, data visualization and problem-based scenario learning
- Courses take place from 9-5 with an hour break for lunch. A complimentary continental breakfast is provided, please allow time before the training starts.
Training that works for you, no surprises
Is it right for me?
Our classroom courses offer distinct learning opportunities. Have your questions answered immediately by our expert instructors. Utilizing years of industry and teaching experience, they will make the learning applicable and vibrant. Propose specific challenges and reference the unique solutions* online for 365 days after the course, along with the standard learning materials.
*Depending on class size
What do I need to bring?
A laptop is essential, preferably running Microsoft Windows. PyCharm, a PDF reader and Excel 2003+ are required to open the supporting resources. We are happy for you to use alternatives but please be aware we cannot support these configurations. The venue will have WiFi and refreshments will be provided.
How can I prepare?
We always want participants to get the most from their training. While there are no strict pre-requisites for this course, participants should be familiar with Microsoft Excel.
Convenient, comfortable and productive learning environments
Prospero House | London Bridge
Located in central London, Prospero House offers ultra-modern spaces and superb amenities. We take great care to ensure the training venue provides excellent comfort and convenience for our participants. We’ve even included a continental breakfast to help fuel your learning!
- 241 Borough High St, London SE1 1GA
- 3 minute walk from Borough tube station Northern
- 9 minute walk from London Bridge tube station Jubilee Northern
Previous participants' thoughts from our open courses
“An extremely qualified and professional instructor. He went over and above what was expected and truly gave his best to transfer his knowledge.”
Graduate now employed by global bank – The Analyst
“I’ve found this course hugely insightful, promoting best practice and gaining skills that I will be carrying forward into my line of work and through to the team.”
London Accountancy Firm Analyst – The Analyst
Reserve your place today
We try to accommodate all requests, but please be aware places are secured on a first come first serve basis. Read our full terms and conditions for more.
No dates scheduled?
If we don’t currently have any dates scheduled you can contact us with your requirements, or register your interest using the form below and we will let you know when new dates are added.