Master Bank Analysis
Get to grips with financial statement fundamentals, expected credit losses, and bank regulation
Jonathan Rugg, Wall Street instructor and ex-Lloyds Bank, will teach you how to:
- Effectively and efficiently assess a bank’s financial position.
- Learn how to analyze the income statement and balance sheet, applying IFRs 9’s expected credit loss model.
- Consider the extent to which regulatory capital requirements restrict a bank’s ability to enhance its return on equity.
- Understand the key objectives and tools used to regulate banks.
- Calculate the statistics that underpin Basel I, II, and III.
After passing the exam, you will be rewarded with a recognized skills certificate to demonstrate you have mastered bank analysis.
Micro-degree. Macro recognition.
Less time looking, more time learning
Navigate your course with ease. The layout is consistent across all of our online courses. Each one has a tailored introduction video to help maximize your time.
Learn the fundamentals first, or skip ahead to more advanced topics. While the content is guided we do not impose any strict limitations on how you learn, the choice is up to you.
Each resource targets a key learning objective. The videos are purposefully short to suit busy schedules and quick reference checks.
The freedom to learn when and where you want to
Technology supports and enhances all of our courses, whether classroom-based or online. Our in-house team has built an industry-leading online learning platform.
- Immediate access to learning resources including videos, quizzes, exams, PDFs, Excel files and more
- Engage with fellow finance professionals from different backgrounds
- Get answers to your questions from the course instructor
- Take your content offline. Download all or individual parts of a course*, including videos and assessments. When you reconnect, your offline efforts will automatically be synchronized.
- Complete a task on the app and you will see the same completion on your other devices
- Receive notifications across devices, never miss a class or critical deadline
*Initial access requires an internet connection for authentication and content download
Training that works for you, no surprises
What do I need?
Access your course across desktop, laptop, tablet or phone; either via our web portal or the dedicated mobile app. While we have optimized our video quality and size, we recommend a broadband connection to enable uninterrupted video playback. A PDF reader and spreadsheet application are required to open the supporting resources.
Is it right for me?
Master the core financial accounting skills required for numerous advisory roles across banking, particularly in FIG. Before taking the course, we recommend users have a fundamental understanding of accounting and financial analysis, covered in The Accountant Online.
Does my access expire?
Each purchase provides 12 months access. To renew your access simply buy the course again. Due to the downloadable nature of some content, we cannot offer refunds for customers that have already accessed their course.